I am back from DC, and my head is still spinning with crafty goodness from the Hello Craft Summit of Awesome!
I hit up lots of fun sessions on topics from taking better photos of my work led by Dandelion Blu to understanding trademark and copyright. Christy spoke on a panel about organizing a craft show and did a demo on screen printing. Both of those were great! I heard a lot of buzz about the screen printing one afterward. The Crafting a Green Craft panel that I spoke on was so much fun! I feel like I picked up as much information on greening your craft as I had to contribute, which was absolutely perfect!
I’m going to be out of commission for a short while, so today is all about tying up loose ends. Since I don’t have time to do a great wrap up of the weekend, I thought I’d point you to some folks who have it covered!
- I did manage to write up my notes from the Crafting a Green Craft panel for Crafting a Green World.
- Liz and Jeff over at Cosa Verde did a great job blogging from the event! Make sure you page through to read their summaries of all three days.
- Hello Craft did a writeup of day one and a great wrap up of the whole weekend over on their blog!
- If you’re feeling more photo-oriented, check out the Summit of Awesome 2009 Flickr pool!
- Dandelion Blu did a great writeup over on her blog, too!
- Christy of a bardis posted some video from the green crafting panel on her blog. She used up her camera’s whole memory card to snag video of my part. Thank you, Christy!
In conclusion, it was a fantastic, exhausting, inspiring weekend, and I can’t wait for next year! Thanks so much to the amazing organizers over at Hello Craft for making it happen and the kind, creative attendees that I got the opportunity to meet! You guys….well…you guys are awesome! There. I said it.