I’ve been mixing it up with my green smoothies lately, and I recently started experimenting with some ingredients that I’d been wanting to try but hadn’t gotten a chance to use before.
Whole, unsweetened cranberries always seemed a little iffy in a smoothie – I was afraid that to make a cranberry smoothie palatable, I’d have to add maple syrup or something like this. It turns out that the sweetness from the banana base is plenty to carry the cranberry flavor AND a dash of cocoa powder. Success has never been so delicious!
If you’re not feeling chocolatey, you can leave out the cocoa powder. This smoothie is delicious with or without the chocolate! My original version of this recipe didn’t have the cocoa, and it was yummy in a whole different way.
Chocolate Covered Cranberry Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 cup frozen, unsweetened cranberries
- 1 leaf collard greens, rib removed
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1-1 1/2 cups almond, soy, or your favorite vegan milk
- Combine all of the ingredients (start with 1 cup of milk) in your blender, and blend until smooth.
- If things are a little bit stubborn about blending, add that extra 1/2 cup of milk to get them moving.