The FTC required that bloggers fully disclose if we’re making money from mentions of products on our sites and when we receive freebies for review. I try to be up front and honest whenever I write something, but just in case anything isn’t clear, here we go:
- I sometimes accept site sponsorships where companies pay me to write about them. When I do this, I mention clearly that the company is a site sponsor. I’m incredibly picky about what sponsors I will take money from. If I endorse a product for pay, it is always a product that aligns with my beliefs as an ethical vegan.
- I get paid a small percentage if you purchase something through the Amazon affiliate links on my site. If you start your shopping on Amazon by clicking one of my links, I get an even smaller percentage. I never link to anything on Amazon unless I was going to include that item in my post anyway.
- If you purchase ingredients through the Get Ingredients button on my recipes, I receive a commission from Chicory.
- I get paid a small percentage if you purchase something through the Greenerprinter affiliate links on my site. Greenerprinter is a company that I believe strongly in, and I use their services for a lot of my own printed materials.
- If you buy Lunchbags! directly through the site, I make a small profit on it.
- When you purchase my fabric designs at Spoonflower, I get a 10% commission.
- I’d never review a freebie without mentioning that the company sent me a sample. Any time I do review freebies, I promise to be totally honest about my experience.
If you’ve got any questions about my policies or want anything clarified, you can hit my up by sending an email through the Contact page!
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Glue & Glitter may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 9, 2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as zip code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
The information below does not apply to my email lists. When you sign up for any Glue and Glitter email list, that email address is used for that list only. I will never sell or share your email address with anyone when you sign up for my newsletter.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
For information about opting out of Gourmet Ads and ad serving partners please visit https://www.gourmetads.com/about/privacy-policy
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.