This weekend, I whipped up a jar of Meditation Scrub. I’d forgotten how easy is is to make a sugar scrub!
The sugar scrub that you’d find in the beauty aisle of a typical department store is not so great for your health or for the planet. All of that plastic packaging is a huge waste, and the scrub itself often contains toxic ingredients and chemical fragrances linked to all sorts of bad stuff from allergies to cancer. Boo!
The oil that I used for my sugar scrub is a Meditation Oil blend from Aura Cacia. My husband is in love with this scent, and I wanted to make a scrub that we’d bother be happy to use. You can use any essential oils that you like, or mix and match to create your own custom scents. You can also leave it unscented, if you prefer. That customization is the joy of making your own bath products, right?
Really, you can just make the sugar scrub and stick it into a clean container, but I decided to decorate my jar with a junk mail envelope and teeny heart punch. I originally wrote this tutorial for greenUPGRADER, and I’m excited to share the recipe here, too! If you want to decorate your jar like the one in the photo, there’s a link to the tutorial at greenUPGRADER below the sugar scrub recipe.
Easy Sugar Scrub Recipe
Materials & Supplies
- 3 parts coarse sugar
- 1 part olive oil
- 15-20 drops of your favorite essential oil or oil blend
- clean glass jar – A mason jar lid definitely works with the printable label.
- Printable Sugar Scrub Lid Label (optional)
- scissors (optional)
- double-sided tape (optional)
- Combine your ingredients in your jar, stirring well to combine.
- Use your homemade sugar scrub to slough away dead skin and moisturize.
- If you’re using the printable label: Print and cut it out, then use the double-sided tape to stick it onto the round lid of your sugar scrub jar