This is seriously the best salad I’ve had in ages, and it takes less than 15 minutes to make! If we’re having a particularly busy week, we’ll eat this dinner salad on at least two or three nights.
Start with a bed of romaine lettuce, though you could really use any salad greens you like. Mixed field greens would be amazing! Toss on some shredded carrots. For super-lazytime, you can buy bags of carrots that are already shredded! Yes! Garnish each plate with a few slices of avocado.
Drizzle your fresh veggies with Tahini Miso dressing (recipe below).
Next, cube up some tempeh and dice the white part of a baby Vidalia onion. If you can’t find a baby Vidalia, any mild onion will do. Saute the tempeh and onion in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, seasoning with salt and white pepper. Fry the tempeh and onions until they start to brown just a bit.
Spoon your warm tempeh and onions onto the salad, and you’re ready to eat!
Here’s the dressing recipe:
Tahini Miso Dressing
- 2 tablespoons red miso paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence (Italian seasoning would probably work in a pinch)
- 1-2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (or your favorite hot sauce. Adjust depending on how spicy you like things!)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Whisk it all together, adding water a little bit at a time if you feel like it’s too thick. This makes more dressing than you’ll probably need for the salad, but it stores well for about a week in the fridge.