Over at ProBlogger, Darren suggested that folks create a Bloggers to Watch List for their niches, and I just love this idea! There are so many awesome green crafty blogs that I follow, and I bet some of you guys would dig them, too. If you follow any that aren’t listed below, feel free to spread the love and share your faves in the comments!
I was thinking it might be fun to also make a vegan eats list….that one’s coming later this week! For now, here are some of the green crafty blogs I follow:
- The Long Thread – Ellen posts awesome tutorials and super-adorable artwork that her kids design. She does bunches of great recycled craft projects, too!
- 365 Ways to Go Green – OK, this one isn’t strictly crafty, but Mike posts a small green tip every day, and many of them are DIY.
- Crafting a Green World – I write for these guys, but I was a fan of CAGW way before that! In fact, when I applied to write at GO, I didn’t realize they owned CAGW and sort of freaked out when they suggested I could post there.
- Extreme Craft – Garth Johnson of 1000 Ideas for Creative Reuse chronicles all sorts of crazy crafty finds.
- re-MAKE-able – A brand new blog all about recycled crafts. I can’t wait to see where Megan takes this project!
- Strawberry Hedgehog – Tracy Perkins makes vegan soap, and I just love her blog! Lots of vegan recipes and info about natural living.
- Wardrobe Refashion – This is a collective blog where folks take a pledge to buy no new clothes for 2 month increments. Instead, they make and remake any clothes they need and share their adventures!
So who are you guys keeping an eye on this year?
Hi there! My name is Becky Striepe (pronounced “stree-pee,” like “sleepy”), and I am a freelance writer and vegan crafter living in Atlanta, Georgia. My life’s mission is to make green crafting and vegan food accessible to everyone! Check out my new book: 40 Days of Green Smoothies!