Spring is so close that I can almost smell it in the air! It’s got me thinking about what to plant when the weather gets warm! I did a little searching and came upon this great video from a Georgia organic farmer’s garden with a bunch of great ideas:
I want to go small, at least at first, so my list isn’t quite as extensive as this fellow’s extensive garden patch. Here’s what I want to grow over the next few months:
- I definitely want to try to bring our rosemary plant back to life. If it’s totally toast, maybe a new one is in order?
- BROCCOLI! This is my very favorite vegetable. I’ve tried to grow this before and failed, but what’s to stop me from trying again?
- Dave’s grandpa says that okra is pretty easy to grow, even in poor soil. Excellent news, because Dave and I love okra!
- Cucumbers! This is one of the only things I’ve had success growing in the past, and I just love fresh cucumbers in salads. My mother-in-law also hipped me to slicing cucumber into a pitcher of water to make it extra refreshing!
- I’m also super-duper intrigued by this how-to from Re-Nest on growing a lemon tree indoors. I think it would look lovely in our kitchen! Maybe we could give limes a try?
That’s all I’m thinking about for now. Before we plant a thing, we need to sort out which bed we want to plant food in and get it all ready! Do you guys have spring garden plans? What are you planting?
Hi there! My name is Becky Striepe (pronounced “stree-pee,” like “sleepy”), and I am a freelance writer and vegan crafter living in Atlanta, Georgia. My life’s mission is to make green crafting and vegan food accessible to everyone! Check out my new book: 40 Days of Green Smoothies!