This year marks the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, and a few of us crafty types decided to pull together and do something to celebrate! Did you know that we spend $4.2 billion per year on art supplies(pdf alert) and many of them are toxic and harmful to the environment. Instead of buying new, we want to make April a Craft Destash Month! Together, we can have a really big impact on the environment and on our own wallets.
For the entire month of the April, let’s pledge not to buy any new craft materials, tools or supplies for the April Stash Bust!
Many of us have ginormous stashes with many fun and creative projects waiting to be born. So, we also pledge to make at least one project from our stash using only what we have on hand. For motivation and to show how you can use and repurpose what you already have on had, we’ll have a round up of exciting destash tutorials from:
Dollar Store Crafts
Crafting a Green World
And to encourage you to do the same we will be hosting an April Stash Bust contest!
To enter, take the Stash Bust pledge to not buy any new materials, tools or supplies for the month of April. Place the awesome April Stash Bust badge (created by Liz at cosa verde) on your website or blog (found below). Create a project from your stash using only what you have on hand. Submit your finished project detailing the stash materials you used with a link to your finished project to the April Stash Bust Flickr group by Earth Day, April 22nd. A crack team of judges will review the projects and choose a winner.
So what could you win?!
A lucky creative type will receive:
- Alabama Stitch Book by Natalie Chanin from Swap-bot.com
- A one year showcase on cosa verde for your repurposed & eco-friendly crafts
- A one year membership from Hello Craft
- A Cup Glove Kit from me!
- A mini box set of volume 2 of Craft Leftovers zine (issues 1-4)
- A Modeling Chocolate kit from Dollarstorecrafts.com
Other April Stash Bust Events:
- Super Secret Stashbusting Challenge: 10 lucky crafters will be chosen to craft with a super secret envelope of goodies from dollarstorecrafts.com [click here to apply by April 5th]
- April Stash Bust craft supply swap at Swap-bot
Want to show off your involvement in the Apri Stash Bust? Here are an array of buttons for you to choose from:
|Copy and paste the code below to put this button on your blog.|
|A larger/resizable button:|
|125 x 125:|
|Post header (Image is shown small here, but links to a larger image–800 x 192):|