My little sister, Amanda, made these sushi cupcakes – aren’t they awesome??
They were for a friend’s birthday at a sushi restaurant, and the owner was so impressed he asked if they did catering! Amanda didn’t use a vegan recipe, but I’m sure the Golden Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World would work just as well. Here’s how Amanda says she made these amazing dessert sushi cupcakes (and a few more photos!):
- white frosting
- long, pearlized white sprinkles
- food coloring
- butterknife and (optional) biscuit cutter
1. Cut the cupcakes in circles, either freehand or using a biscuit cutter.
2. Ice your cupcakes, then roll them in long pearlized white sprinkles.
3. Use fondant to make the fish, wasabli, and ginger. The sashimi looking ones were the same, just cut in a rectangle.
4. Serve your sushi cupcakes on a sushi boat. How fun!
I hope she’ll make a vegan version of her sushi cupcakes for me next time I’m in town!