In the spirit of reviving my lunchtime cooking skills, here are some quick vegan lunch ideas! You can pack any of these vegan lunches on their own or mix and match for a satisfying, easy meal on the go.
I’m in a little bit of a lunch rut these days. I think it might have something to do with all the traveling I did in the past month. Now that I’m home and cooking again, I’m having trouble getting back into the swing!
Lunch seems to be the toughest for me, because I need something quick and not too labor-intensive. In the spirit of reviving my lunchtime cooking skills, here are some quick, vegan lunch ideas!
10 Quick Vegan Lunch Ideas
1. Hummus Sandwich – whole grain bread spread with a generous amount of hummus, and topped with arugula, lettuce, or spinach and some thinly sliced onion.
2. Somen Noodles in Broth – Somen noodles cook up quickly, and you can toss together a big batch of this soup for several days’ worth of lunches.
3. Three Bean Salad – This salad can be a lunch on its own, but you can also stuff it into a pita for a heartier midday meal.
4. Raw Collard Wrap with Spicy Thai Dipping Sauce – Hail Merry’s saw collard wraps are easy to throw together and super satisfying.
5. Coconut-Lime Kale Salad – A kale salad makes a surprisingly filling meal. And unlike a green salad, you don’t have to worry about the greens wilting, because that’s the goal with kale salad.
6. Salad – Greens, beans, and diced veggies tossed with bottled dressing or some oil and vinegar from the pantry. Bonus points for adding avocado, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit.
7. Rice, Bean, and Veggie Burrito – pile on the fresh veggies, like avocado, tomato, shredded lettuce or cabbage, raw or cooked corn, and plenty of salsa. Add some rinsed beans from a can, and you’re in business.
8. A Tomato Sandwich – Embrace your inner Harriet the Spy.
9. Tofu Scramble – Breakfast for dinner is such a treat. Try breakfast for lunch!
10. Vegan Chicken Salad – Serve this on top of greens or stuffed into a sandwich or a wrap.
Of course, this list is just a jumping-off point, and there are lots of ways you could adapt, mash-up, or totally change these recipes to make your own unique lunch recipes. I’m sure you guys have some good lunch-packing ideas, too! What are your favorite vegan lunch ideas to whip up in a hurry?