I’m in a little bit of a lunch rut these days. I think it might have something to do with all the traveling I did in the past month. Now that I’m home and cooking again, I’m having trouble getting back into the swing! Lunch seems to be the toughest for me, because I need something quick and not too labor-intensive. In the spirit of reviving my lunchtime cooking skills, here are some quick vegan lunch ideas! Some of these are recipes of mine from the vault and others are from some cooking heroes that I might not have mentioned in my previous post:
- Hummus Sandwich – whole grain bread spread with a generous amount of hummus, and topped with arugula, lettuce, or spinach and some thinly sliced onion.
- Tempeh Wings and Sauteed Kale
- Three Bean Salad
- Raw Collard Wrap with Ginger Dressing
- Salad! Greens, beans, and diced veggies tossed with bottled dressing or some oil and vinegar from the pantry. Bonus points for adding avocado, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit.
- Somen Noodles in Broth
- Rice, Bean, and Veggie Burrito
- A Tomato Sandwich
- Tofu Scramble
- Sweet Potato with Curried Greens
Of course, this list is just a jumping-off point, and there are lots of ways you could adapt, mash-up, or totally change these recipes to make your own unique lunch recipes.
I’m sure you guys have some good lunch-packing ideas, too! What are your favorite, vegan lunch ideas?
Hi there! My name is Becky Striepe (pronounced “stree-pee,” like “sleepy”), and I am a freelance writer and vegan crafter living in Atlanta, Georgia. My life’s mission is to make green crafting and vegan food accessible to everyone! Check out my new book: 40 Days of Green Smoothies!