I’ve been a busy bee this week, so I thought I’d share a few posts I’d written in other places that you guys might dig:
CSAs are in full swing, but keeping your kitchen stocked for those deliveries can be a little tricky. Here are some kitchen staples for making the most of that CSA basket!
Crafting a Green World
- For this week’s Fab Fabrics, I talked about repurposing old sweaters into new creations.
- There’s a girl in Vancouver making clothing out of used dryer sheets. This one’s a little controversial – do the benefits of reusing these outweigh the cost of having those chemicals on your skin? Even if you don’t use dryer sheets, I bet you know plenty of folks who do. There’s no shortage of used ones that you could rescue from the landfill. What do you guys think?
Eat Drink Better
- This week, the Eating Vegan column was all about PIE! Mmmmm….pie!
- I’ve been on a juice kick lately, thanks to this new recipe for tart, tangy, sort of spicy juice that Dave brought home from local juice shop Arden’s Garden.
- Remember the Uniform Project? Well it’s back, and it’s got a whole new twist!
- School is back in session, and I scoured Etsy for the best eco-friendly, handmade back to school finds. Of course, (shameless self-promotion alert!) I think a Lunch Kit is probably perfect for back to school!
Image Credit: Cherry Pie. Creative Commons photo by stevendepolo
Hi there! My name is Becky Striepe (pronounced “stree-pee,” like “sleepy”), and I am a freelance writer and vegan crafter living in Atlanta, Georgia. My life’s mission is to make green crafting and vegan food accessible to everyone! Check out my new book: 40 Days of Green Smoothies!