You make this basil pesto hummus right in the blender, so it comes together in a flash!
We had some folks over to play Monopoly the other night, and Monopoly night just ain’t nothin’ without good snacks. Marilyn supplied the Chex mix (made with a healthy dose of that first batch of hot sauce!), and I decided to get back to basics with a big bowl of hummus.
We were rich with basil, thanks to Vegetable Husband, so I fancied this up with a little pesto power. It was great! In fact, the only photo I got of the basil pesto hummus from that night was the one below. It went fast!
Basil Pesto Hummus
Yield: enough hummus for about 8 people
- 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas, drain and rinse one and save the liquid from the other
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put all of the ingredients into the blender or food processor. If it won’t all fit, just blend everything up in batches.
- Once your mixture is totally smooth, transfer to a storage container with an airtight lid, and stick it in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes or so.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita points, or sliced veggies for dipping. Yum!