We’re doing some serious renovations on our house right now. Seriously, things are a mess. Last week there was drywall dust all over my life, and I had to keep my fabric extra sealed and covered. The thing that’s kept me going during the more stressful parts of this process is the prize: my very own studio! Right now, Dave and I share the spare bedroom, cramming his music stuff and my crafting stuff into one room. When the renovation is done, he’s moving his desk and instruments down the hall, and I am going to totally redo the front bedroom into the craft room of my dreams!
I have an ever-changing list of ideas for this room, but one thing is pretty much settled: I want mustard yellow walls. Mustard is my new color obsession, ever since I ran across photos of a beautiful mustard room on Calfinder (pictured above). It is ON.
- Of course, I had to include Emily’s mustard room from Calfinder. Also inspiring: she decorated from almost all reclaimed/revamped materials, which is one of the goals for my studio.
- Sakura Zippered Pouch in mustard from Karuski.
- Dryer Pillow Sheets 100% upcycled from t-shirt materials. ZJayne stuffs these with organic lavender!
- Honeycomb Card printed on FSC-certified paper from The Spotted Sparrow.
- Organic mustard seeds from Twig and Leaf Botanical.
So, I guess my color palette is going to be mustard yellow with teal and white accents, huh? Do you guys have a color obsession? I’d love to hear about your favorite color!