Confession time: despite my new-found love for mustard yellow, I am going with teal for my new craft room walls.
Why abandon the mustard? Dave and I finished painting the guest room mustard yellow last week, and it took approximately a million coats to get the yellow how I liked, and when it was all done, I just wasn’t sure I wanted to create in a space that…well, bright! Plus, I have this mustard guest room to soothe my mustardy obsession, and I’ve had a long time love affair with teal.
So, there you have it. Teal walls, it is! I hear it only takes one or two coats, and in a few weeks I’m going to pull everything out of the front bedroom, give it a fresh coat of paint, and start setting up the ultimate writing and sewing space. Are you guys ready for some teal inspiration? I know I am!
- How lovely are the hanging lanterns in here? I love how they used pops of color to add a bit of energy to this space.
- Storage is going to be a big deal in my new space, because I want to do a lot with this room. I love how they combined shelves with hooks and magnets to make all sorts of wall storage.
- This teal sewing area is actually a craft closet, and I love how they used so many shelves to take advantage of vertical space.
- I’m not a fan of wicker, but I was happy to run across a mustard and teal situation that looks so good! I think setting up my writing nook is going to be the hardest part of outfitting my studio space.
- I know, I know, this is a living room, but! I was glad to come across an example of teal with chocolate brown, since a lot of my existing furniture is that color, and I want to use what I have as much as possible.
As moving day gets closer, I’m more and more excited about having an actual studio where I can write and craft! Where do you guys create? I’d love to hear about your crafty corners, studios, and writing desks!
Hi there! My name is Becky Striepe (pronounced “stree-pee,” like “sleepy”), and I am a freelance writer and vegan crafter living in Atlanta, Georgia. My life’s mission is to make green crafting and vegan food accessible to everyone! Check out my new book: 40 Days of Green Smoothies!