I’m sewing like crazy to get ready for the holidays, and sometimes a little inspiration is in order to keep things moving along.
I know, it’s still summer, but last fall I made myself a promise, and I’m determined to keep it! Every fall/holiday season, I feel like I’m drowning as I keep up with shops and festivals where I’m selling my stuff, and every year I tell myself that next year, I’m going to start early. Seriously, this has been happening for years, and this time, I mean it.
So! I’ve got a goal amount of product that I want to have finished before the fall festivals and holiday shopping rush get here, and I’m working towards that every week. I started a few weeks ago, and I have to admit that sometimes it’s hard to sit down to sew something now that I probably won’t need until the weather cools off. My brain nags me with other things it wants to do, like sit on the porch with a beer or read my book or watch reruns of Dr. Who.
Do you ever have a hard time getting into the sewing groove? I thought a little bit of sewing inspiration might help kick my butt into gear, and in case you’re having a similar problem, I wanted to share it with you guys!
- I’m loving this beautiful photo of thread from Sarah @ pingsandneedles. It looks like candy!
- Who can resist beautiful, vintage buttons? These lovely finds from The Shopping Sherpa are rocking my socks.
- The vintage fabric from thisvintagechica is just lovely.
- How cool is shimelle’s vintage sewing basket??
- AForestFrolic lays out her sewing notions so beautifully!
- And, of course, in-progress photos like this one from Polkadot Creations never fail to inspire.
What about you guys? How do you get inspired when there’s sew much to do?
Hi there! My name is Becky Striepe (pronounced “stree-pee,” like “sleepy”), and I am a freelance writer and vegan crafter living in Atlanta, Georgia. My life’s mission is to make green crafting and vegan food accessible to everyone! Check out my new book: 40 Days of Green Smoothies!