These roasted chili lime cashews are a super easy Trader Joe’s knock-off. They cost so much less than the premade kind!
You guys! The Vegan Month of Food is here! It’s called Vegan MoFo for short, and it’s all about sharing delicious photos and recipes for tasty vegan eats. The MoFo lasts for the entire month of October this year, and I’m going to do my best to post lots of delicious recipes!
Since last week I was in a flurry of preparation for Crafty Bastards, I decided to whip up some healthy snacks for the road. It’s a long drive to DC, and these cashews were a treat to keep our energy up. I got the idea after seeing these very expensive seasoned nuts at Trader Joe’s.
$4.99! There is no need for that. This recipe probably cost 2/3 as much and made at least the same amount, if not a bit more. Plus, you can skip the plastic packaging and put your homemade nuts into a beautiful glass Mason jar instead. I used cashew “halves and pieces” from the bulk bin at Whole Foods, which are cheaper than whole cashews. My feeling about that is that it’s all the same when they’re in your mouth. Anyway, on to the recipe!
Roasted Chili Lime Cashews
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups salted cashews, raw or roasted is fine. If you go for unsalted, then you’ll want to add 1/4t salt.
- Preheat the oven to 250F.
- Whisk lime juice, chili powder, and cayenne together.
- Toss with the cashews until they’re well coated.
- Spread the cashews into a single layer onto a baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes so that they cook evenly.