My holiday travel plans are sort of up in the air this year, but at some point, I’m going to head down to South Florida to do an early or late Christmas and Hanukkah with my folks. Even though I can’t be there for the holidays proper every year, we like to do it up with a nice meal or a party, and that means cooking up a storm! These are some of the vegan holiday recipes that I’ve made or have on my to do list for this year.
Vegan Holiday Menu
- This chili garlic pumpkin hummus is the perfect festive starter or snack.
- Pesto stuffed mushrooms are a great finger food or as a side dish at the dinner table.
- For a sit-down meal, try whipping up some roasted butternut squash with mushrooms and scallions.
- If you want something really hearty, Vegan Dad’s seitan roast with wild rice and chestnut stuffing is just right.
- This table needs some green, and roasted Brussels sprouts are just the thing. Just slice them in half and roast at 425F for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring every 10 minutes.
- No holiday dinner is complete without mashed potatoes and vegan gravy!
- These vegan sugar cookies with ginger and cardamom are a spiced crowd pleaser.
- Sugar cookies not your thing? Try some vegan gingerbread cookies instead!
I tend to overeat at holiday parties, and a late afternoon snack helps curb my appetite a bit. Try this pumpkin green smoothie (I recommend coconut milk!) to do just that.
Hi there! My name is Becky Striepe (pronounced “stree-pee,” like “sleepy”), and I am a freelance writer and vegan crafter living in Atlanta, Georgia. My life’s mission is to make green crafting and vegan food accessible to everyone! Check out my new book: 40 Days of Green Smoothies!