Got some almond flour left over from making almond milk? These almond cranberry muffins are simple to make and super delicious! I’m not sure if it’s the almond flour or that my flour wasn’t totally dried out when I used it, but these muffins aren’t as firm as a traditional muffin. They’re super soft and a little bit fall aparty. “Fall aparty” is a technical term. Patent pending, etc.
Cranberry Almond Muffins
Makes 6-7 muffins
- 2T flax meal
- 1/2c water
- 2c almond flour, if you’re a bit shy of 2 cups, supplement with unbleached white flour
- 1/2t baking soda
- 1/2t salt
- 1/4c maple syrup
- 1/4c olive oil
- 1t vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F, and line your muffin pan.
- Whisk the flax meal and water together in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Mix up the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add in the maple syrup, oil, and vanilla to the flax mixture, and beat until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir well to get rid of most of the lumps, the. Mix in the cranberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan, filling them to the top. Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes before serving.
Hi there! My name is Becky Striepe (pronounced “stree-pee,” like “sleepy”), and I am a freelance writer and vegan crafter living in Atlanta, Georgia. My life’s mission is to make green crafting and vegan food accessible to everyone! Check out my new book: 40 Days of Green Smoothies!