We had a baby shower for one of my favorite couples last weekend, and I whipped up this lavender simple syrup for one of the mocktail recipes that we served there.
When I’m planning a party, one of my favorite little touches is coming up with a signature cocktail that guests can mix up themselves. My friends have so much fun putting together those fancy cocktails, and I love coming up with fun combinations that people can make.
Since one of our guests of honor is obviously not able to have cocktails, we knew that that a mocktail bar was in order! We set up the ingredients with two recipe suggestions (you can download a pdf of the drink recipes here). The ingredients you’ll need to make both drinks are:
- lavender syrup (recipe below)
- ginger syrup (Martha Stewart has a recipe for ginger syrup that looks perfect)
- fresh mint
- chai tea, brewed and chilled
- cranberry juice
My friend Kip made ginger syrup, and I was in charge of lavender. Here’s how I made it!
Lavender Simple Syrup Recipe
- 1c water
- 1c organic sugar
- 1T dried lavender – I got mine at the bulk section of our local co-op. You might also be able to find it in the spice aisle
1. Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan on low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until all of the sugar dissolves.
2. Spoon the lavender into a heat-resistant jar, pour the syrup over it, then give the jar a good shake. Let it cool completely, then pour it through a strainer into a squirty bottle or something with a spour for pouring.
Have you guys made any fancy mocktails? It was so fun mixing up juices and syrups into special drinks for the momma-to-be!
Hi there! My name is Becky Striepe (pronounced “stree-pee,” like “sleepy”), and I am a freelance writer and vegan crafter living in Atlanta, Georgia. My life’s mission is to make green crafting and vegan food accessible to everyone! Check out my new book: 40 Days of Green Smoothies!