It’s time, Atlanta peeps! The summer Indie Craft Experience is tomorrow and Sunday.
I have sort of mixed feelings about this round of the Indie Craft Experience. This is the very first ICE since I quit selling my crafts, which means it’s also the first ICE ever where I won’t have a booth. I’m super excited to check out the awesome crafts, grab a cup of Ursa Minor coffee, and do a little shopping, but I’m sad to be breaking my streak!
Instead of vending this time around, I’m going to be working a volunteer shift with Dave and then walking around like a civilian. I have to say that despite the streak-breaking, I’m really looking forward to that. I loved participating in ICE, but it’s hard to check out the event and run a booth at the same time. Since this is the first ICE where I get to walk around and shop, I’ve been checking out the awesome vendor list to make a battle plan. Here are the vendors that I’m super stoked about:
- Atlanta Institute of Stitches and Crafts Craft Competition – A crafty throwdown, y’all! It’s ongoing both days with judging at 5pm each day.
- Beautiful Briny Sea – her flavored salts are the tops! My pops and I are both obsessed.
- Broken Window Theory – these guys were my neighbors at my last two or three shows, and they are the tops!
- Jeanette Zeis Ceramics – Jeanette is sweet as pie, and I have a hard time resisting her cute ceramic goodies
- Madeline Smiles – I met Madeline through a mutual friend, and her jewelry is just beautiful.
- Mary Rebecca – more awesome jewelry!
- Red Rocket Farm – Jason’s art is too cute for words.
- So She Sews – Brooke makes awesome recycled clothing and accessories from vintage fabrics and reclaimed plastic bags.
- Stress the Seams – Who knew you could make so many things out of old license plates?
There are some familiar faces on the ICE vendor list and some new folks, too! I can’t wait to check it out. There’s also a Free Art Swap this year! You can bring a piece of art from your walls and trade it for something brand spanking new (well, new to you)! What a great way to refresh your decor without spending big bucks!
The Summer Indie Craft Experience is June 2nd and 3rd from 11am to 6pm at Ambient Plus Photo Studio. See you there?
Hi there! My name is Becky Striepe (pronounced “stree-pee,” like “sleepy”), and I am a freelance writer and vegan crafter living in Atlanta, Georgia. My life’s mission is to make green crafting and vegan food accessible to everyone! Check out my new book: 40 Days of Green Smoothies!