It’s fall, and that means kale season! Yay! Honestly, I could eat kale every single day, and this simple gingered kale recipe is a frequent star in our kitchen.
What I love about this particular recipe is that you can serve it up hot tossed with some tofu and soba noodles or cold as a side dish with just about anything. It also makes a great sandwich stuffer with a little sliced avocado and tomato. Maybe a little Vegenaise? YUM!
Not only is kale super versatile and delicious, it is insanely healthy. Like I mentioned when I shared that quinoa and kale salad recipe, kale is a superfood, which means it’s extremely nutrient dense. On top of healthy vitamins and minerals, kale actually has a decent amount of protein! I know when you think of vegan protein you picture nuts, seeds, whole grains, and soy products, but a cup of cooked kale has two grams of protein, so if you pair it up with other protein sources like the sesame seeds in this recipe, you’ve got yourself a pretty protein-packed dish!
Simple Ginger-Sesame Kale
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 cups of kale, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2″ piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce, or to taste
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/8 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Add the kale, garlic, and ginger, and cook, stirring constantly, until the kale turns bright green. Add the soy sauce and Sriracha and cook for a few more minutes.
- Transfer to your serving bowl and toss with the lemon juice and sesame seeds.
PS – If you’re wondering about the super freaking adorable lucky cat tea towel underneath that bowl of kale, it’s from a Savannah, Georgia crafter called Lovelane. Their stuff is amazing!