Hello, fall! This pumpkin oatmeal only takes five minutes to make and is super filling and delicious!
This year’s MoFo has sparked an oatmeal renaissance around here! In high school and college, I ate oatmeal all the time, but lately for some reason it’s been off the menu. Since I signed up for the MoFo rss feed, though, I’ve been seeing such amazing oatmeals float through my Google Reader. Here are a few that are on my “to try” list:
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Leprechaun Food
- Chocolate Hazelnut Breakfast Couscous – OK, this isn’t oatmeal, but it’s a hot, grainy bowl of delicious!
- Pear Rose Cardamom Oatmeal
If you’ve been whipping up interesting oatmeals, I’d love to hear about them, too!
Who says oatmeal has to be boring, right? With all of the oaty inspiration on my mind, when my belly rumbled this morning, I decided to get a little more inventive with my morning bowl of oats.
Prep time: 2 minutes; Cook time: 5 minutes; Yield: one serving – about 1 3/4 cups
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- generous scoop (about 2-3 tablespoons) canned pumpkin (or mashed, cook squash of your choice!)
- handful of raisins (optional)
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (light is OK, but full fat is better!)
- Combine the oats, water, pumpkin and raisins in a small pan and bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Pour the oatmeal into your bowl, top with the coconut milk and spices, give it a good stir, and you’re ready to breakfast it up!
Have you guys been making any fun oatmeal concoctions lately?
Hi there! My name is Becky Striepe (pronounced “stree-pee,” like “sleepy”), and I am a freelance writer and vegan crafter living in Atlanta, Georgia. My life’s mission is to make green crafting and vegan food accessible to everyone! Check out my new book: 40 Days of Green Smoothies!