Tuesday was Elvis Presley’s birthday, and what better way to celebrate than with a stomach ache? I mean a sandwich! A decadent, sugar-laden sandwich.
When I first made this sandwich, I dubbed it “The Tummyache,” because it’s so rich, and I devoured it way too fast. This thing is far from health food, but Elvis wasn’t exactly known for healthy eating, right?
The Elvis Presley
- 2 slices whole-grain bread (this is my half-ditch attempt to keep things semi-healthy)
- 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Ricemellow Creme
- 1Â banana
- Earth Balance for the pan
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- Use the palm of your hand or a rolling pin to flatten your two pieces of bread, and spread one slice with PB and the other with Ricemellow Creme.
- Cut the banana into slices, and arrange them on the bread – this may not use the whole banana. It depends on how big the banana is and how much you flatten out your bread.
- Gently mash the pieces of bread together.
- Heat the Earth Balance in small skillet over medium heat and let it melt, then put the sandwich into the pan.
- While that first side grills, mix the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Flip your sandwich over, and grill the other side for just about a minute.
- Dredge both sides of the sandwich in the cinnamon/sugar mixture, and serve it up while it’s still warm.