Are you taking the green smoothie challenge? If you didn’t get a chance to start right at the beginning of Lent, you can still jump in now! You can either shorten your challenge time or keep it going for an extra 10 days at the end. The idea isn’t about sticking to a time-frame, it’s about starting a healthy habit!
To keep you motivated, I’m going to do weekly Challenge Check-Ins each Friday, starting today. You can leave comments below about any hiccups you’ve run into or share your favorite recipes, and each week I’ll also share a new green smoothie recipe.
So! How were the first 10 days for you guys? Have you been drinking your smoothies for breakfast, as snacks, as dessert? I’d love to hear your experiences! I’ve been mixing up recipes from 40 Days of Green Smoothies and experimenting a bit, too. This blackberry smoothie recipe was one of my favorites from last week. It’s almost like a blackberry cobbler, but not so cloyingly sweet!
I made this smoothie with soy milk, but you could use any non-dairy milk that you like: almond, hemp, coconut, rice, etc.
Blackberry Cobbler Green Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 1/4 Haas avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch each of ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 cup soy milk – If your soy milk is unsweetened, I’d add 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup to this recipe, since blackberries aren’t very sweet on their own, and they’re the only sugar happening here.
- 1 handful of lettuce
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Throw everything into the blender, and blend until smooth. If things aren’t coming together nicely, add a little more soy milk, one splash at a time, until it thins out.
Need more smoothie inspiration? Check out my e-book: 40 Days of Green Smoothies! Itâ€™s got 40 recipes for yummy green smoothies plus weekly tips and grocery lists to help you start a green smoothie habit!