Tired of drinking plain water? The Fruity Fizz is the perfect summer drink to keep you hydrated without extra sugar or artificial flavorings!
More Week of Drinks goodness! I’ve been making this fruity, sparkly drink as a mid-afternoon treat.
Fizzy water is kind of a staple around here. Dave and I were buying 1-2 cases of La Croix a week, until we took the plunge and bought a Soda Stream. Soda Stream makes water flavoring, but who knows what chemicals they use to create those flavors, you know what I mean?
Instead of adding flavoring to my fizzy water, I’ve started using frozen fruit in place of ice cubes. Holy moly, you guys! The fruit gives the fizzy water a little bit of flavor without any of the chemical “flavoring” that I want to avoid, and when you’re done with the soda water, the now-defrosted fruit is a nice little treat.
You can have fun mixing up different fruits for your Fruity Fizz, too! Here are a few that I really like:
- mango and cherry
- strawberry with a squeeze of lemon juice
- cherry with a squeeze of grapefruit juice
You can probably figure out how to make this from the photo at the top there, but just for posterity, here’s the recipe!
- 8-16 ounces soda water
- your favorite frozen fruit
- a squeeze of fresh citrus (optional)
- Fill a glass about 1/4-1/3 of the way with the frozen fruit, top it off with your fizzy water, add a little citrus juice, and drink!