Note: Jeanee is back with another awesome Friday cocktail! You can check our her last cocktail recipe right here. I can totally attest to the deliciousness of this hard blueberry lemonade recipe! Jeanee brought a batch of this stuff to the drive-in, and it was great on a steamy, rainy night. We paired it up with nooch-covered popcorn and that new movie with Seth Rogan about the end of the world. Perfecto! – Becky
Try bottling this beautiful purple cocktail (or mocktail) lemonade recipe for your next picnic!
Last week I needed a portable cocktail for a ladies’ night at the drive-in. My sister had just given me a gallon of fresh blueberries, which reminded me of a savory blueberry lemonade I sipped at Empire State South on New Year’s Eve. My version of this lemonade recipe is sweeter, but also a little earthier thanks to thyme-infused syrup.
Use about as much thyme as shown in the photo. This herb tastes medicinal in large doses, so restrain your hand! Okay, here’s what you do.
Blueberry-Thyme Adult Lemonade Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- a few sprigs of thyme
- 5 cups filtered water, divided
- 2 cups raw sugar
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice (12 to 15 lemons)
- Combine the blueberries, thyme, and 2 cups of the water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes. Occasionally stir and mash the berries with a wooden spoon.
- Strain the berry mixture and return the liquid to the pan. Add the sugar and stir over low heat until dissolved. Let cool.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups of the blueberry syrup, the lemon juice, and the remaining 3 cups of water in a pitcher. Serve with a shot of vodka or enjoy as a mocktail!
Looking for style points?Â Funnel the lemonade into a glass bottle, garnish with more thyme, and dust off your vintage ice bucket!