The folks at Numi Tea sent me a super adorable mason jar iced tea recipe kit to try out, and of course I had to turn that tea into a yummy jasmine green tea cocktail!
They sent me two teas: the jasmine green tea and an aged Earl Gray. They were both delicious, and since their teas are 100% organic, you know that they’re good for the planet, too. Bonus! The kit included the tea and an iced tea recipe that used the mason jar it all came in. So cute! You could totally make your own to give as a gift. Here’s how!
Iced Tea Recipe Kit
- a pint-sized, wide mouth mason jar
- 4 bags of Numi tea (2 bags of each variety)
- my Mason Jar Iced Tea recipe printable
To make your kit, just stick the bags into the jar with a printout of the iced tea recipe, and you’re ready to rock! You could whip up a bunch of these for holiday gifts. They’d also make good teacher gifts.
Sweet Green Tea Cocktail
If you don’t go for booze, you can replace the cucumber vodka in this recipe with cucumber infused water. Just put a few slices of cucumber into 4 ounces of water and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Bam!
- 2 bags of Numi jasmine green tea
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ounce cucumber vodka – I used Prairie Organic Cucumber Vodka that the company sent me to test out
- 4-6 leaves of fresh mint
- wedge of lemon
1. Add the tea bags and sugar to the hot water and stir well to dissolve the sugar. Let the tea bags steep in the hot water for 5 minutes. Once the water has cooled to room temperature, you can either start making cocktails or stick your tea in the fridge to chill until you’re ready to use.
2. Pour your vodka into the bottom of a small glass and muddle with the mint leaves. Fill the glass the rest of the way with ice. Top with the chilled jasmine green tea and a squeeze of lemon juice. You can garnish with another lemon wedge and more mint, if you want!