You guys know I’m massaman curry crazy, so honestly I’m surprised it’s taken me this long to add it to hummus!
My little guy has been a bit of a handful for the past couple of weeks. He’s a happy kiddo most of the time, but between teething and the worst diaper rash I have ever seen, it’s been hard to feed myself during the day. Seriously, I have forgotten to eat more than once over the past few weeks. That is just not a thing that I do! Having this massaman curry hummus in the fridge has been a big help.
If you have trouble finding massaman curry paste at the store, you can substitute pretty much any Thai curry paste. Massaman is pretty mild, so for other sorts of curry, you may want to start with 1 tablespoon, and add more to taste after you blend everything up. I use Bright brand curry paste, since that’s what’s available, but I found another vegan massaman curry paste on Amazon that looks good. Make sure you check the ingredients when you’re shopping for curry paste, because sometimes they contain shrimp paste, fish sauce, or fish paste.
Hummus – and really any bean spread – is a lifesaver when you are kind of eating on the sly. If Darrol takes a precious nap, I can treat myself to tacodillas or a sandwich, and if he’s fussy I can just dip veggies or chips in there for a semi-healthy snack/lunch.
Massaman Curry Tacodillas
These are sort of like tacos and sort of like quesadillas.
- 1 large or 2 small soft tortillas
- 1/4 cup massaman curry hummus (recipe below)
- 1/2 a of a Haas avocado, sliced
- Spread the curry paste on both sides of your tortilla (or tortillas), then arrange the avocado slices on one half.
- Fold in half, and stick in the toaster oven until the tortilla(s) start to brown.
Massaman Curry Pumpkin Hummus
- 1 15 ounce can chick peas (or 2 cups cooked chick peas)
- 1 cup coconut milk (the canned sort for cooking, not the boxed sort for drinking)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons massaman curry paste (You can substitute other curry pastes. Start with 1 tablespoon, and add more to taste.)
- Put all of the ingredients in your blender, and process until smooth.