These baked tofu fingers make an easy-peasy (and delicious!) supper.
I’ll tell you something: since having a kid, easy meals are my favorite kind of meals. If I can toss something into the oven rather than stand over the stove, you can be that the oven is going to win. Sure, I could have made deep fried tofu fingers instead of baked tofu fingers, but for deep frying you have to be there. You also have a lot of mess to clean up at the end. This is one case where my laziness actually makes my cooking a bit healthier! Boom!
I developed this recipe for my sponsors at EZ Tofu Press, and I think it’s a new favorite! These were great with the sriracha-mayo sauce, but you could also dip them in agave-mustard sauce, BBQ sauce, or vegan ranch dressing. Sriracha-mayo sauce is delicious, but don’t be afraid to branch out!
For baked tofu fingers, you want to make sure you really get the water out of there before you dredge them and bake them. The EZ Tofu Press is basically a dream for this. It’s quick and easy to use, and it presses the tofu uniformly, which I really like. If you don’t have a press, you can put your tofu into a colander, top it with a plate, and top that with cans. Your tofu might end up a little funny-shaped, but it will taste the same.
Baked Tofu Fingers
Yield: 4 servings of 2 tofu fingers apiece
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed to remove excess water
- 1/2 cup soy or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 recipe Sriracha-mayo sauce (see below)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slice your tofu into fingers. I got 8 fingers out of my block.
- Mix the milk and corn starch together in a shallow bowl, and in another bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Dredge each finger through the milk/corn starch mixture, then coat very well with the chickpea flour mixture.
- Arrange the fingers in a single layer on a greased baking sheet or one lined with a Silpat. Bake for 40-50 minutes, flipping the fingers after 20 minutes of baking.
- Serve with Sriracha-mayo or your favorite dipping sauce!
- 1/4 cup your favorite vegan mayo (cough…Vegenaise…cough)
- 4 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- Mix well, and divvy up the sauce between you plates before serving your baked tofu fingers.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by EZ Tofu Press. All opinions are 100% mine.