You can make this super simple curried tomato soup in less than 10 minutes!
Darrol Henry is in daycare three mornings a week now. You’d think that having childcare would mean that I’d have more time to feed myself, but somehow I manage to go hungry even more often on the days that he is in school. I think the problem is that I consider those three four-hour blocks my sacred writing time. Those are my hours to focus and think without worrying about poopy diapers or nap times. I don’t want to stop writing for anything, even a grumbling stomach.
The thing is, it’s hard to be productive when your stomach is screaming and your hands are shaking because you’re trying to live on coffee for half of the day. I’ve been trying to come up with easy vegan recipes to keep me nourished without taking away too much of my precious writing hours. This tomato soup is one of my favorite solutions to this problem so far!
The secret to this tomato soup and its lightning fast preparation? You make the entire thing in the blender.
The only caveat I have is that, since I have a high speed blender, I was able to skip soaking the cashews. If you have a regular blender just don’t forget to get those cashews soaking the night before, so you too can throw together a tomato soup in under 10 minutes.
All of these measurements are approximate, because I really was just tossing things into the blender. Feel free to adjust everything according to your tastes!
Creamy Tomato Soup with Massaman Curry
Yield: about 4 servings
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup raw cashews
- about a tablespoon of massaman curry paste
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 of a Haas avocado, chopped
- handful of roasted cashews (double cashews! double decadent!)
- Sriracha sauce, to taste (optional)
- Put all of the ingredients into the blender except for the avocado, roasted cashews, and Sriracha. Blend until completely smooth.
- You can pour the soup into a pan and heat it up, or – if you’re super lazy like I am – just dish a serving into a bowl and microwave for a minute or two.
- Top with the avocado and roasted cashews and drizzle the whole bowl with Sriracha.