It’s strawberry season! These simple vegan strawberry muffins are the perfect way to celebrate summer berries.
We were very fortunate to get a big box of strawberries from Vegetable Husband not too long ago. Strawberries! They were super-delicious. There was time on Sunday to do some cooking for the week, and I thought these vegan strawberry muffins would make for a good, quick breakfast!
Vegan Strawberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries (You’re going for pea-sized pieces.)
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, oatmeal, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the flaxmeal and water, then whisk in the almond milk and oil until all of the wet ingredients are really well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry, and mix just until combined. Gently fold in the sliced strawberries.
- Pour the batter a into lined muffin tin and bake 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.