Lychee mojitos are super refreshing. Perfect for porch or poolside sipping!
After whipping up those Orange Ginger Cupcakes, I remembered that there was a can of lychees in the pantry from that trip to Super H with a couple of my friends. My sister and I had made lychee martinis before, but my vodka supply was low, so I decided to convert our lychee martini recipe into a mojito one. That was a Good Idea.
makes 1 cocktail
- lychees, canned in syrup (save the syrup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 ounces rum of your choice (I made one with white and one with spiced, and I think I preferred the white rum.)
- soda water
- In the bottom of a rocks glass, 1 ounce of the syrup from the lychees with your basil.
- Fill the glass with ice, add the rum, and top it off with the soda water and a couple of lychees. Give everything a good stir, and you’re ready to sip!