This miniature junk mail notebook is made from security envelopes!
Don’t you love crafting with security envelopes? I hate getting junk mail, but I love squirreling away all of that pretty, printed paper for crafting. Of course, the best thing to do about all that junk mail is stop it from showing up in your mailbox in the first place, but despite our best efforts, we seem to always end up with at least some mail that we never asked for, right? Don’t fret – get crafty!
Check out my tutorial for Crafting a Green World on how to turn security envelopes into a miniature notepad to stay organized when you’re on the go!
DIY Junk Mail Notebook
- 7 security envelopes
- Glue stick
- Stapler and staples
1. Measure, mark with pencil, and cut your security envelopes into 7 pieces that are 2.5? X 5? apiece.
2. Fold your pieces of paper in half, so each one is 2.5? X 2.5?, then nestle them together so that they’re all book-like.
3. To make your cover a little bit stronger than the other pages, you’re going to glue two pieces of security envelope together. Cut out your two pieces, and use your glue stick to glue them together right sides out. Fold this in half and nestle it over your interior pages.
4. Use a clothespin or binder clip to hold your pages and cover in place on one side, then open up your notepad and staple the spine near the top and bottom along the crease.
5. Of course, this leaves an unsightly staple on the edge of your notepad. We can’t have that! Let’s cover it up. Grab a scrap piece of security envelope, and cut it to 3/4? by slightly shorter than 2.5?. Fold it in half, so that it’s 3/8? X 2.5?, apply your glue stick over the wrong side of the paper, then nestle it over the spine, pressing down well to get out any air bubbles.