Last week I did a little roundup of salad recipes from the first week of Vegan MoFo. This week, I thought it would be fun to focus on vegan dessert recipes. You know, for balance.
What I love about Vegan MoFo is that not only is there a deluge of daily food porn, but a lot of non-vegans participate. The MoFo is a chance to expose open-minded non-vegans to the wonders of veganism and show that vegan food doesn’t have to be rabbit food. I mean, it can. But you can also create amazing vegan dessert recipes.
7 Vegan Dessert Recipes from Vegan Mofo
- Mini Butterfinger Cheezcakes – Fork and Beans goes all-out with the desserts during the MoFo. Cara loves Halloween, and I want to eat every single one of her spooky sweet creations. Right now, please.
- Chocolate Stout Chocolate Sauce – Step away from the Hershey’s and try this stovetop chocolate sauce from Healthy Slow Cooking. You guys, it has BEER in it!
- Spicy Peanut Sauce Ice Cream – Susmitha at Veganosaurus is doing all ice cream all the time for her Vegan MoFo theme. this spicy peanut ice cream really caught my eye, because I love mixing up spicy and sweet.
- Strawberry Shortcakes with Whipped Coconut Cream – My Nani Dorothy used to make us strawberry shortcakes with homemade whipped cream and let me and my sister lick the beaters. This recipe from Olives for Dinner brings back all of that delicious nostalgia.
- Chocolate Blackcurrant Cake with Marshmallows – I mean, really, do I need to say more? This cake from Seitan is My Motor is freaking gorgeous. I would say it’s too pretty to eat, but I would like to eat it, please.
- Banana Pops – There is something nostalgic about chocolate covered bananas. Amey at Vegan Eats & Treats recreates her favorite DIY dessert from when she was a kid.
- Chocolate Coconut Tart – Stefania D’Alessandro shares her perfected gluten free pastry crust over at Chic Vegan. And she fills it with chocolate. My kind of gal!