Gingery, cinnamon-y mulled white wine reminds me a little bit of apple pie. It’s such a nice treat for a holiday party or any chilly evening that you’re expecting company.
When you think mulled wine, you probably imagine scooping up a warm ladleful of red wine – like this yummy mulled red wine recipe – but you can mull white wine too! Mulled white wine is a little bit lighter in taste, and the apple and spices really shine in this recipe.
For my mulled white wine, I used a bottle of Groundswell White Table Wine, but any vegan white will do the trick. Since you add fruit, juice, and booze to this recipe, don’t spend too much on that bottle. I like Groundswell because it’s a really affordable brand of vegan wine.
Related: Best Vegan Red Wines under $20
Apple Pie Mulled White Wine
Yield: 6-8 servings, depending on how generous you are
- 1 750mL bottle white wine
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) triple sec or other vegan orange liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 1″ piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red apple cut into thin rounds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon whole cloves (about 5-7 cloves)
- Combine all of your ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring, then remove it from the heat.
- Set the pot aside for 15-20 minutes, then pull out the cinnamon stick, cloves, and as many ginger pieces as you can find in there. Reheat on the stove or in a crock pot to serve. Ladle your mulled white wine into mugs to serve.
This recipe is part of the Virtual Vegan Linky Potluck!