Here is a thing that won’t surprise you: My favorite part about hosting a holiday party is planning and making the food. For New Year’s Eve, dips, spreads, and finger foods rule. Below are ideas for vegan dips and finger food recipes for New Year’s Eve. Plus a couple of cocktails, because of course.
Since having Darrol, we don’t do a big New Year’s Eve party anymore. His room shares a wall with the kitchen, so lots of late-night guests is a recipe for a grumpy, late-night wake up. For the past few years, we’ve had a couple of our friends over to play video games and ring in the new year on a little bit of a mellow note. I kind of love it!
Obviously, with just four of us, we’re not going to make this whole spread, and you shouldn’t feel like the list below is a fixed menu, either. Pick and choose to build your ideal spread of New Year’s Eve eats!
Dips and Spreads for New Year’s Eve
1. Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip – This is a veganized version of my mom’s staple party dip.
2. Easy Five Layer Dip – Dianne says that this beany, cheezy dip is her go-to party snack.
3. Beet Hummus – Angela serves this vibrant dip with homemade flax crackers. Yum! You can do homemade or store-bought crackers with your beet hummus.
4. Basil and White Bean Dip – I love how white beans make hummus a little bit more delicate than chickpeas.
5. BBQ Pesto – Brandi’s creamy BBQ pesto is great with oven fries for dipping!
6. Easy Caramel Whip – Because who doesn’t love a dessert dip?
Finger Food Recipes for New Year’s Eve
7. Ginger Maple Bacon Wrapped Tofu – Because is it really a party without something wrapped in bacon?
8. Falafel Men – Cadry made these as the star of a vegan bowl, but her falafel men would be so cute on a buffet!
9. Southern Cornbread Muffins – Annie’s cornbread muffins are a nice alternative to dinner rolls.
10. Smoky Deviled Potato Bites – Kristina’s stuffed, smoky potatoes are mind-blowingly good.
11. Mini Vegan Cheesecakes – What’s better than cheesecake? Cheesecakes that your guests can grab while socializing.
12. Eggnog Snickerdoodle Cookies – I made a triple batch of Starr’s eggnog snickerdoodles for Christmas this year, and they were a total hit.
13. Peppermint Mocha Brownies – Sarah’s peppermint brownies are so festive!
14. Mint Double-Chocolate Black Bean Cookies – Kathy’s mint chocolate chip cookies are sneakily healthy.
Cocktails for New Year’s Eve
1. Ginger Cranberry Fizz – Homemade ginger syrup is the star of this show, but you can replace the ginger syrup and soda water with ginger ale, for a shortcut.
2. Roasted Pear Not-Buttered Rum – Sweet roasted pear puree adds extra wintery flavor to a hot buttered rum.
3. Christmas Cosmo – Dianne’s Christmas cocktail would be lovely on New Year’s Eve, too!