This sparkling pomegranate cocktail couldn’t be simpler. Just pour, stir, garnish, and sip.
For Valentine’s Day, you don’t want to spend a bunch of time on an elaborate drink, right? You want to spend that time hanging out with your sweetie. Or watching old episodes of Gossip Girl on Netflix, which is what I was doing while I tested the recipe for this simple, sparkling pomegranate cocktail.
Confession: this is basically a fancied up wine cooler. I didn’t call it a wine cooler, though, because wine coolers have kind of a bad rep. A sparkling pomegranate cocktail sounds like something you’d sip at a fancy restaurant, maybe over brunch. A wine cooler, though, conjures up images of late night bad decisions you made in high school.
But wait! Wine coolers can be fancy, too! Step away from the Bartles and James, you guys. This wine cooler is just right for a romantic evening or fancy cocktail party.
It combines tart-sweet pomegranate sodap with flower elderflower liqueur with a splash of white wine. It’s a refreshing, floral drink that’s just right for Valentine’s Day! Or any day that you want a drink that’s simple to make but has a nice, complex flavor situation happening.
Sparkling Pomegranate Cocktail
Yield: 1 pomegranate cocktail
- 3 ounces vegan white wine (I used Frey California White Table Wine. It’s affordable and pretty easy to find.)
- 3 ounces Izze Pomegranate Soda (or your favorite pomegranate soda – I love that there are so many options out there!)
- 1/2 ounce St. Germain or other vegan elderflower liqueur
- 1 tablespoon fresh pomegranate seeds
- a sprig of mint OR an edible flower, for garnish
- Fill a pretty glass that holds at least 1 1/2 cups of liquid about halfway with ice, then add the wine, soda, and St. Germain. Gently stir to combine.
- Add the pomegranate seeds, and top off with your garnish of choice.