This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KetchupWithFrenchs #CollectiveBias
Easy, baked quinoa loaf smothered in sweet ketchup glaze. Fix your sides while the loaf bakes, and supper is ready in about an hour and a half.
I dished up this easy quinoa loaf with some of my Perfect Mashed Potatoes and a super simple kale salad. You can fix the sides while the loaf is in the oven, so supper is on the table in just over an hour.
My kid is super picky right now, and ketchup is the secret to getting him to eat things that he might otherwise say no to. Kale salad? NO! Kale salad with ketchup to dip? YES! I’ll take it.
One of his strange, picky things right now is that he doesn’t like veggie burgers or veggie loaves. That’s a real bummer, because Dave and I love a veggie loaf! To make this loaf appeal to my picky child, I started with my usual lentil loaf recipe and made some changes make it a little bit more kid-friendly. Then I added a sweet, sticky ketchup glaze to seal the deal.
Actually, there’s ketchup in the loaf dough AND in the glaze. This thing is basically ketchup held together with quinoa and lentils. And my kid ATE IT! Success.
Tomatoes are beautiful and taste great already, so you don’t need all of that processed, artificial stuff in a good ketchup! With a ketchup-obsessed kid like mine, it makes me feel better knowing that I can choose convenience without having to give him something full of ingredients that I’m not crazy about.
Quinoa Loaf with Ketchup Glaze
For the Ketchup Glaze
- 1/2 cup French’s Ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
Make the Ketchup Glaze
- In a small bowl, whisk together the French’s Ketchup, brown sugar, and sea salt. Set aside.
Make the Quinoa Loaf
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and line your loaf pan with parchment paper (NOT wax paper).
- In your blender, puree the cashews into a flour. Think the consistency of cornmeal.
- Combine the cashew flour with the quinoa, lentils, onion, nutritional yeast, ketchup, flax meal, and soy sauce. Mix well, then spread into your loaf pan, smoothing out the top with your fork or the back of a spoon. Slather the Ketchup Glaze over the top.
- Bake for one hour, then let the loaf cool for 15 minutes on the counter before you gently pop it out of the pan with the parchment paper and serve.