This recipe is sponsored by EZ Tofu Press. All opinions are 100% my own.
Lemony, garlicky Air Fryer Tofu cooks up quickly and is a perfect Mother’s Day brunch recipe tossed into Instant Pot Quinoa Pilaf with leeks and green peas.
Can you believe that Mother’s Day is coming up already? My mom is coming up to visit us this year for Mother’s Day, so I want to make her something extra special. My mom and step-dad are both trying to eat more plant-based foods, and I can’t wait to make this flavorful tofu and Instant Pot quinoa pilaf for her!
How to Make Quinoa Pilaf in the Instant Pot
If you’ve never made Instant Pot quinoa pilaf before, you are in for such a treat! It’s super easy, and you don’t have to stand over the stove to do it. Pilaf is just a grain cooked in broth with vegetables mixed in. Here are the basics for a build-your-own Instant Pot Quinoa Pilaf recipe:
- Saute your hard veggies (onions, garlic, leeks, carrots, etc) with a little bit of oil or broth in the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup quinoa and 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth to the Instant Pot, and lock the lid.
- Cook for 5 minutes with a natural release.
- Add any quick-cooking veggies to the pot, lock the lid, and cook for 1-2 more minutes with a quick release.
So simple! And so good with Lemon-Garlic Air Fryer Tofu tossed in!
That Tofu, Though
Like with any marinated tofu recipe, you should not skip pressing your tofu when you’re making the air fryer tofu portion of this dish. I use my EZ Tofu Press to press my tofu quickly and evenly.
Tofu tastes like whatever sauce or marinade you cook it in, and pressing ups the ante in this department. Getting the excess water out of your tofu turns it into a flavor sponge, so it’s ready to drink in that tasty marinade goodness.
Once it’s pressed, you slice into pieces and marinate your tofu in lemon-garlic sauce, then air fry. The citrusy tofu gets a nice, chewy texture in the air fryer. YUM.
Before we get to the written recipe, my awesome sponsor, EZ Tofu Press is giving away a press to one lucky reader! Enter the giveaway below, then watch the recipe video at the top or check out the written instructions below. The giveaway is available to U.S. addresses only.
Lemony, garlicky Air Fryer Tofu cooks up quickly and is a perfect Mother's Day brunch recipe tossed into Instant Pot Quinoa Pilaf.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek light green and white parts only, washed well and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup green peas fresh or frozen
- 2 lemons zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 block extra firm tofu pressed and sliced into 1/2" pieces
Use the saute function on your Instant Pot to heat the oil. Saute the leeks, stirring, for about 5 minutes, until they soften.
Add the quinoa and saute for another minute, stirring.
Add the vegetable broth, and lock the lid of your Instant Pot. Bring to high pressure for 5 minutes, then use a natural release, about 15 minutes.
Add the peas to the instant pot, and bring to pressure for 2 minutes, then do a quick release.
Arrange the tofu in a shallow dish.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Pour the marinade over the tofu, and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
Transfer the tofu to your air fryer basket, and reserve the leftover marinade. Air fry for 15 minutes at 370F, shaking the basket 8 minutes into the cooking time.
In a large bowl, toss together the cooked Quinoa Pilaf with the Air Fryer Lemon-Garlic Tofu. Serve warm or cold.
I've broken out this dish into its components to make the instructions clear, but you don't have to make one and then the other. In fact, you shouldn't - it will take forever that way! To save time making this recipe, do this:
- Marinate the tofu while you prep the ingredients for the Quinoa Pilaf.
- While the tofu finishes marinating, saute the leeks and garlic in the Instant Pot.
- When you add the broth to the pot, start your tofu cooking in the air fryer.
Both dishes should be done within a few minutes of each other this way.