Easy, delicious Kale Caesar Salad with Garlic Almond “Croutons” can be a side dish or a meal, depending on how much you dish into your bowl.
I have been so salad-oriented lately, which is very unlike me! For whatever reason, I’m just craving salad after salad after salad. The problem with eating this way is that not all salads are quite as filling as I need them to be. Between the rich dressing, the garlic almonds, and the sprinkle of noochy crumbles, though, Kale Caesar Salad can truly stand alone as a hearty, filling meal.
This Kale Caesar Salad was inspired by the one on the menu at Dulce Vegan, my favorite lunch spot in all of Atlanta. Their Kale Caesar uses roasted chickpeas as the “croutons,” and I thought it would be fun to use almonds for my home-spun version.
The recipe below also calls for my homemade Vegan Caesar dressing, but if you want to cheat and use store-bought vegan Caesar to save some kitchen time, I will not judge you.
Getting this meal on the table in 26 minutes is all about how you approach it. This is what I recommend:
- Get those Garlicky Air Fryer Roasted Almonds cooking first. You can also make these a day or two ahead.
- Make the salad dressing.
- While the almonds cook and cool, massage the kale and toss it with the dressing. Stick this into the fridge along with any extra dressing.
- When the kale is done, make the almond-nutritional yeast mixture.
- Put it all together, and dive in!
Kale Caesar Salad with Garlic Almond "Croutons"
Easy, delicious Kale Caesar Salad with Garlic Almond "Croutons" can be a side dish or a meal, depending on how much you dish into your bowl.
- 2 1/2 cups chopped kale ribs removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing (plus extra, for drizzling)
- 1/4 cup almonds (You can substitute pumpkin seeds, if you want to.)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup Garlicky Air Fryer Roasted Almonds (Follow oven directions, if you don't have an air fryer.)
In a large bowl, combine the kale, lemon juice, and sea salt. Use clean hands to massage the kale until it wilts. Toss in the 1/2 cup of Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing to coat completely.
In your blender or food processor, combine the 1/4 cup almonds, nutritional yeast, and salt. Pulse until you have a crumbly mixture.
Toss the kale with the romaine lettuce, then top with a little bit of extra dressing, sprinkle on a tablespoon or two of the almond-nutritional yeast mixture, and top with a couple of tablespoons of the Garlicky Air Fryer Roasted Almonds. Serve the extra dressing on the side.
This makes about 6 servings as a side dish or 3-4 as a main dish. Calorie calculation is for a main dish-sized serving.