I won’t tell anyone how easy it was to make this sweet, creamy, Vegan Cherry Cheese Danish if you don’t!
If cherry isn’t your thing, you can turn this Vegan Cherry Cheese Danish recipe into whatever flavor your heart desires. Just use your favorite flavor of fruit preserves, or skip them entirely, if you prefer your cheese Danish straight up.
Cheese Danish is a sweet treat that I have missed since going vegan. My folks would get Danish for breakfast or brunch sometimes, but since going vegan, I haven’t gotten to have this special breakfast/dessert from my childhood.
But now I know that I can make a Vegan Cherry Cheese Danish with four ingredients and about half an hour, it is ON, y’all.
The Secret to My 4-Ingredient Vegan Cheese Danish
The trick to this Vegan Cherry Cheese Danish is using Immaculate Baking Company’s Organic Crescent Rolls. Just unroll the dough, separate into rectangles instead of triangles, give it a little love with your rolling pin, and you have instant Danish dough with no measuring or mixing needed.
You might be surprised to learn that Immaculate Baking Company crescent rolls are technically vegan.
The allergy warning on the label says “may contain milk,” but the company explains on the website that this is a shared equipment warning. As long as you’re cool with shared equipment, these crescent rolls are good to go!
I love Immaculate Baking products, because they’re convenient to use but don’t contain the unpronounceable ingredients I see in lots of ready-to-cook brands out there.
You might remember Immaculate Baking products as the inspiration behind my Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter, which I made for spreading on their Organic Biscuits.
How to Make Your Vegan Cherry Cheese Danish
This is seriously a recipe for cheaters, and you only need a few simple ingredients to make it:
- Immaculate Baking Organic Crescent Rolls
- vegan cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- cherry preserves
That’s it! These couldn’t be easier to make. You just slice and shape the dough, mix the cream cheese and sugar, spread, and bake.
Serve these up for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. They’d even be delightful as part of your holiday party spread.
Check out the video below, to see this recipe in action, and get the written instructions underneath the video.
Vegan Cherry Cheese Danish
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese (half of an 8 ounce package)
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 package Immaculate Baking Organic Crescent Rolls
- 4 fresh cherries pitted and halved
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and sugar.
- Open your Immaculate Organic Crescent Rolls, but don't unroll them. Slice them into 8 equal-sized rounds instead. Transfer the rounds to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and use the palm of your hand to flatten the rounds slightly.
- Press a few times with your thumb to create a shallow well in the middle of each crescent roll round. Divide the cream cheese mixture between the crescent roll rounds, scooping about 1 tablespoon onto each round
- Place one cherry half face-down in the middle of each Danish.
- Bake 11-14 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown. Cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.