These Air Fryer Jackfruit Taquitos from The Vegan Air Fryer only have four ingredients and take about half an hour to make.
I’m so delighted to have received my copy of The Vegan Air Fryer by JL Fields! The book is packed with delicious, simple air fryer recipes, and the photos by Michelle Donner are straight up gorgeous. These Air Fryer Jackfruit Taquitos are in good company! You can check out some other recipes from the book:
- Kale and Potato Nuggets at Dianne’s Vegan Kitchen
- Buffalo Cauliflower at Spabettie
- Doughnut Holes at Zsu’s Vegan Pantry
Air Fryer Jackfruit Taquitos couldn’t be simpler to make. Just combine your jackfruit, beans, pico de gallo, and a bit of water in your pressure cooker or in a saucepan. Cook, mash, and roll into flavorful taquitos, then air fry until crispy. Such a simple weeknight meal!
Air Fryer Jackfruit Taquitos
- 1 14 ounce can water-packed jackfruit - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked or canned red beans - drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo sauce
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 4 6-inch corn or whole wheat tortillas
- 4 spritzes canola oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium saucepan or pressure cooker, combine the jackfruit, beans, pico de gallo, and water.
- If you are using a saucepan, heat the jackfruit mixture over medium-high heat until it begins to boil. Reduce the heat, cover the saucepan, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- If you are using a pressure cooker, cover the pressure cooker, bring to pressure, cook at low pressure for 3 minutes, and then use a natural release.
- Mash the jackfruit mixture with a fork or potato masher. You're aiming to shred the jackfruit to a meaty texture. Preheat the air fryer to 370F for 3 minutes.
- Place a tortilla on a work surface. Spoon 1/4 cup of the jackfruit mixture on to the tortilla. Roll it up tightly, pushing any of the mixture that falls out back into the tortilla. Repeat this process to make 4 taquitos.
- Spritz the air fryer basket with the oil. Sprits the tops of the tortillas as well. Place the rolled tortillas into the air fryer basket. Cook at 370F for 8 minutes.