This easy vegan granola recipe starring crunchy almonds and tart dried cranberries is a perfect way to start your day!
I thought I'd posted my trusty vegan granola recipe before, but when I went back to look for it yesterday it was nowhere to be found! Luckily, I just whipped up a fresh batch of granola, and it came out deliciously!
Homemade granola is ridiculously easy to make, and it's so versatile. I used almonds and dried cranberries, but pretty much any combination of nuts and dried fruit would work well. Cashew and apricot! Pumpkin seeds and dried cherries! Mixing up flavors is simple and fun.
I also like that with homemade granola you can control how much sugar goes into the recipe. Store-bought granola is often overly sweet. You can tinker with the amount of maple syrup in this recipe - try a little less or a little more to suit your tastes.
This is excellent with a splash of almond milk, and it makes a great ice cream or yogurt topping, too!
Almond cranberry granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds - or nuts or seeds of your choice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil - or vegetable oil
- ½ cup dried cranberries - or your favorite dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to 250° F.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients right there on your baking tray, stirring carefully to get everything coated in the maple syrup and oil.
- Bake for an hour to an hour and a half, stirring every 15 minutes so that the oats toast evenly. The granola is done when it's looking toasty and brown.
- Transfer to your storage container, toss in the dried cranberries, and store somewhere cool and dry.