Citrusy, rich, Chimichurri Tofu Bites are a perfect finger food for holiday parties with creamy, homemade vegan ranch for dipping.
Chimichurri Tofu Bites are another recipe for my awesome sponsors at EZ Tofu Press. Like with all of my marinated tofu recipes, pressing your tofu before you get started gets the water out, so the tofu can soak in all of that citrusy, saucy goodness.
If you're new to chimichurri, you are in for such a treat! It's one of my favorite quick sauces. You make it right in the blender, and it only has four ingredients. Check out the video to see how easy it is to make chimichurri from scratch:
Once you make the sauce, you're ready to marinate and then bake your Chimichurri Tofu Bites. You can put together the homemade ranch while the tofu is baking. This recipe takes a couple of hours to make, but most of that time is passive - you don't have to be there or at least you don't have to do much.
Got that tofu pressed and ready to go? Let's cook!
Chimichurri Tofu Bites with Creamy Ranch
- In a large bowl, toss together the tofu with the Chimichurri Sauce. Marinate for at least 30 minutes. An hour is better!
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Transfer the marinated bites to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat, reserving any leftover marinade for dipping or for another use. You can save the extra marinade to serve as a dip for bread or as sauce for pasta or mashed potatoes on another day. It will keep for at least 3-4 days in the fridge.
- Bake the tofu for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Psst! While the tofu is baking is a good time to make that Cashew Ranch. It only takes about 15 minutes!
- Serve the Chimichurri Tofu Bites with the Cashew Ranch on the side for dipping.