A Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie bowl packed with chocolate, cherries and some sneaky greens and protein. Breakfast is served!
Chocolate covered cherries are one of my favorite sweet treats. Long ago, before I went vegan, they were the first thing I’d pull out of a Whitman’s Sampler.
Those cloyingly sweet chocolate cherries aren’t in my life anymore, but this chocolate covered cherry smoothie bowl really hits the spot when I’m craving that sweet treat.
So, this is basically my favorite dessert, translated into breakfast form, and what a breakfast!
It’s rich with fruity and chocolatey goodness, but it’s also got some sneaky kale, so you can feel good about eating dessert first thing in the morning. You’re welcome.
Guys, I’m super excited to announce that I produced my very first recipe video! I’m new to this video thing, so I decided to start simply with a smoothie bowl recipe.
You can watch the video here and scroll down to the recipe below, if you prefer having things written out.
Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie Bowl
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 cup vegan milk of your choice – You can add up to an extra 1/2 cup, depending on how thick or thin you want your smoothie bowl.
- 1 tablespoon vegan chocolate chips
- extra cherries – for topping
- Combine all of the ingredients (start with 1 cup of milk) in your blender, except for the chocolate chips and extra cherries. Blend until smooth, adding the extra milk a tablespoon or two at a time, until you get a nice, thick, smooth mixture. How much extra milk depends a lot on your blender.
- Top with the chocolate chips and extra cherries, and serve.