Creamy, lemony olive dip starring fresh basil and plenty of delicious black olives. Perfect for game day dipping!
This post is sponsored by Lindsay, but my love for their bite-sized fun is entirely my own.
Y'all, I'll be honest with you: when it comes to gathering with friends to watch sports, it is all about the snacks for me. When I think of game day food, creamy recipes like this Olive Dip are always the first thing that come to mind. Rich guacamole, decadent 7-layer dip, and spinach artichoke dip are some of my other favorite game day party foods.
Since the olives are a big star in this dip recipe, choose ones that you'd want to snack on right out of the can. I used a 15 ounce can of Lindsay black olives to make this dip, and they were perfect.
But that Olive Dip, Though
Creamy olive dip is a dairy-free, updated take on a 50s-style party dip. Serve with veggies and pieces of crusty bread for dipping. They're the perfect addition to any party spread.
Guys, this dip is super easy to make, and it only takes about 5 minutes, not counting the time to soak the cashews. Even WITH the soaking time, this is ready in about 15 minutes. Seriously, this dip is so easy that my three-year-old helps me make it.
Get your cashews soaking in some warm water, and while they soak, get all of your other ingredients into the blender. When the soaking time is up, drain those cashews, add them to the blender, and puree. I topped my Olive Dip with a little bit of basil and some sliced olives, but that's totally optional.
Watch the recipe video, or get the written recipe below!
Creamy Basil Olive Dip
- 1 can black olives - drained
- 1 cup raw cashews - soaked in hot water for 10 minutes or 4-6 hours in room temperature water, then drained
- juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water - plus more, if needed to thin
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender, and puree until nice and smooth. If needed, you can add water, a tablespoon at a time. I've never needed more than 2 extra tablespoons to get a nice, creamy dip.
- Serve with your favorite veggies for dipping.