A cucumber smoothie bowl is such a refreshing way to kick off the day! This one is packed with cherries, mango, lemon, and some healthy fats and protein to fill you up.
This cucumber smoothie bowl recipe is based on a smoothie that I had at Arden’s Garden here in Atlanta. I love their smoothies, because they use unsweetened frozen fruit and there are no weirdo, processed mix-ins.
I also love that they’ll let you use their pH Balance juice as a base, if you don’t want super sweet apple or pineapple juice. The pH has strong cucumber and lemon flavors, and it’s super refreshing in a smoothie.
Cucumber Smoothie in a Bowl
Instead of the juice, I’m using whole pieces of cucumber in this smoothie bowl.
It’s not as sweet as the smoothie bowls that I’ve been making, and there are no chocolate chips this time. Chocolate chips and cucumber didn’t seem like a winning combination.
This smoothie bowl is great for a morning where you’re not craving sweets or maybe you’re recovering from a late night. Cucumber is super hydrating, so this is a great hangover breakfast that goes down easy.
But you don’t need to be hungover to eat this smoothie bowl. It’s also just a refreshing, hydrating anytime treat.
How to Seed a Cucumber
You do want to peel and seed your cucumber before you chop it up for this recipe.
If you’ve never seeded a cucumber before, don’t worry! It’s super easy.
Just peel it, then slice the cuke in half, lengthwise, and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds. It looks like this:
Once your cucumber is seeded, you’re ready to make your cucumber smoothie bowl!
Lemon Cucumber Smoothie Bowl with Cherry and Mango
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup cucumber pieces – peel and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 1/4 Haas avocado – chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water – NOT the cashew soaking water
- 5 ice cubes
- extra mango and cherries – for garnish, optional
- Cover your cashews in hot water, and set them aside to soak for at least 10 minutes. 20 is better, if you can wait that long.
- Combine the drained, soaked cashews with everything but your garnishes in your blender. Puree until smooth. Top with your extra fruit.