Making vegan cinnamon rolls from scratch is gratifying but time-consuming. This is my cheater method that takes about 25 minutes to make.
If you're my Facebook friend, you've probably seen me talk about making cinnamon rolls pretty much every weekend for the past month. This is because of an amazing discovery that I can't believe I only sorted out one month ago!
Here's the thing: a lot of those store-bought tubes of crescent rolls are vegan. Just do some careful label-reading, since recipes change and different varieties can have dairy in them. But it should be pretty easy to find some kind of crescent rolls that are free of animal products.
Basically, these vegan cinnamon rolls are a cross between crescent rolls and cinnamon toast.
Easy Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Yield: 8 vegan cinnamon rolls
- ¼ cup non-hydrogenated margarine
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tube of vegan crescent rolls
- In a small bowl, whisk the margarine with the cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll out the crescent rolls flat, and spread the cinnamon mixture evenly over all of them.
- Roll them up, just like you would if they weren't filled with decadent, cinnamon-y goodness.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Devour with friends and coffee!