Happy second week of SPRING, y'all! Treat yourself to some porch-sitting and a boozy cucumber blueberry lemonade!
This recipe calls for cucumber vodka, and I used the bottle that Prairie Spirits sent me. You can see the first recipe that I made with my cucumber vodka here. Don't worry if you can't find cucumber vodka at the store! I have a recipe to make your own, and there's even a booze-free option if you want the cucumber-blueberry goodness without the alcohol.
More spring cocktails: Gin and Juice for Grownups, Peach-Hibiscus Margarita, Sparkling Grapefruit Margarita
When I first started working on this recipe, I was going to make the cucumber vodka optional, but after adjusting and tasting, I just can't do it. Cucumber and blueberry might sound like a weird combination, but it's almost shockingly refreshing. I highly recommend hunting down or making cucumber vodka for your frozen blueberry lemonade adventures. So good!
If you can't find cucumber vodka (or want to make a non-boozy version), here's how to make your own:
Homemade Cucumber Vodka (or water)
- ¼ cup cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 ½ cups vodka or water
- Combine the cucumber and vodka or water in a glass jar with a lid, and stash it in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, strain the liquid into a permanent container and toss the cucumber bits into the compost bin.
Frozen Cucumber Blueberry Lemonade
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- juice of ½ a fresh lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ ounces cucumber vodka (or cucumber water)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup ice
- soda water
- Put the blueberries, lemon juice, sweetener, vodka, and ice in your blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour your frozen blueberry lemonade into a pint glass and top off with soda water. Give it a stir, and serve.